Sunday, January 17, 2010

For My Little Chef

When I bake, I always wear an apron. I have about half a dozen different styles (you should see how hot they look on a pregnant mama). Julianna usually will get one out for herself and wants to wear it. She's my little chef. Julianna's birthday is Tuesday...wow...and we decided (more like I decided and roped Joe in) to build Julianna a play kitchen. Well, Joe and his dad built the kitchen, which is almost finished. I decided my part would be to complete some of the details on the kitchen and to make Julianna her very own apron and chef's hat.

I used the tutorial from Making It Fun to make her apron. I made a few modifications (like no pocket because I was afraid I wouldn't have enough fabric), but it was so easy to make. I think it took about 40 minutes start to finish.

Julianna's completed apron

Making it Fun also had a tutorial for making a chef's hat, but I couldn't get the PDF to open. So I used one from Skip To My Lou. It was super easy too! The only suggestion I would have is to make sure you have unscented dental floss (the pattern uses it to help gather the hat), Julianna's has a nice minty smell to it. :0)
Julianna's completed chef's hat
I am so excited about how they turned out and I can't wait until we can give Julianna her birthday present! I know she will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!