Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Let's Get Ready!

It's odd. Today, I got this sudden excitement over getting ready for Baby K. I mean, I have been excited about the baby and our growing family, but today, I got all let's look at baby things and start picking out names (nope, we haven't even thought about any yet) because we have a baby coming...YAY A BABY!

Not sure what brought it on...

Maybe it's because we didn't really get ready for Julianna. The first baby thing I ever bought wasn't until Christmas (a bib for Joe that said "I love daddy") and that was less than a month before she was born. We had bought, fixed up and painted a changing table. But that was it. We didn't get anything else ready, then she was suddenly here. I kind of feel like I missed that excitement of getting ready, so I want it this time.

Maybe it's because tomorrow's OB appointment could be a BIG one for us. I am hoping for the best, but preparing myself for the worst. If my cervix has thinned much more then I will most likely end up with a cerclage and be on bed rest (at least for awhile) and not be able to prepare for the baby (except via lots of internet shopping) and I would sadly miss out on it again (but if that's what it takes for a healthy baby-I'll take it!) So maybe I just want to spend what could be my last "free" day to get some things ready.

Maybe it's because we will hopefully be finding out if Baby K is a boy or a girl tomorrow too! Then I can really start preparing! If it's a girl, we're set, we have everything from Julianna (the right seasons too! Their due dates are only 1 day off). But if it's a boy...here we go a shopping! Erin has somethings from Ian she said we could have, but if she's having a boy then she will need them.

Maybe it's because if this baby is a boy then we will probably be done with kids(it all depends on how smoothly the rest of this pregnancy goes) and this could be my last pregnancy. I want to enjoy it as much as possible and do all the fun pre-baby things.

Maybe it's simply because I have energy this morning. This is the first time in months that I don't feel like I need a nap by 9am. I am in a shopping mood, and that is unusual for me lately.

Maybe it's because Julianna has kissed my belly like 20 times already this morning. I love that when I ask her where the baby is she kisses my belly & today I haven't even asked...she just keeps kissing my belly. She is going to love her baby brother or sister!

Not sure what I am going to do today, but it will definitely be something to get ready for Baby K!

2 comments:

  1. OO I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes today! I pray for you every day that your pregnancy goes well and that things just go well over all. I can't wait to find out what your having! :) Now I will be stalking your blog and facebook this afternoon! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you waiting to find out the sex? We'll be thinking of you. Just had a friend in Cleveland give birth at 30 weeks, 1 # 15.7 oz....very tiny. We've been through it with you and you are more prepared this time around. I'll send you some positive energy!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!