Thursday, November 5, 2009

1 Down...18 More To Go

I had my first P17 shot today...the initial shot itself wasn't bad. My OB set it up for a visiting nurse to come to our house every week and do a maternal-fetal assessment (take my temp, blood pressure, listen to my heart & lungs and then listen to the baby's heartbeat with a doppler) and then give me my injection. The nurse that came today was really nice.

The meds, syringes and anaphylactic kit(in case I have an allergic reaction to it) all came by Fed Ex yesterday. The syringe has a really small needle, which is great, unfortunately the progesterone is mixed with an oil, so it is really really really thick. It took a good 30 seconds once the needle was in my hip for the nurse to inject all the meds. After the first 10 seconds it started to burn. After the next 10 seconds it really stung.

It's been about an hour since I got the shot, and I don't feel too bad, my hip's just a little sore. But I will deal with whatever I have to in order to avoid another NICU stay and have a full-term baby boy!


1 down...18 more to go!
I'm going to countdown my shots on the right side of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!