Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gettin' Crafty

I am generally a pretty crafty person...when I have time. Last year for Christmas, all my nieces and nephews got homemade fabric dollhouses (Ian repectively got a barn with tractors not a dollhouse). They were so cute and easy to make! I found great printable directions for them at Craftzine.com . This is a picture of their example (sadly I didn't take any pics of mine-silly me!).
Then, when February strolled around, I saw a picture of the cutest Pottery Barn Kids Valentines holders, but they were soooooo expensive! So I found a tutorial to make these at Our Scoop! They were just like the ones from Pottery Barn, and again so easy to make! It only took me about 10 minutes for each one (I made one for Julianna, one for Ian, and one for Ellie). Once again this is not my picture, I really need to take pics of my creations!
Today, I was searching for Halloween costume ideas for Julianna. I really want to make her costume this year. Well, I did not yet succeed in finding a costume I like, but I found about a billion other things I want to make (ok, maybe like a dozen or so). Here are a few of my favorites.
This dress is made out of a men's button shirt!
These cute treat bags use the same pattern as the Valentine's holders!
The rest are all off of the same website as the shirt dress above.
Twirly skirt
Smocket

Pillowcase dress

I can't wait until I can find enough time to make a few of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!