Sunday, August 30, 2009

Yummy Chocolatey Deliciousness in Under 5 Minutes

You know how when your pregnant (guys remember when someone you know was pregnant) you sometimes get these cravings? Some cravings are crazy, like strawberries and pickles with cream. But some are perfectly normal, brought on simply by seeing a commercial or an ad for a food. When I was pregnant with Julianna, I had an unending need for cheesecake balls from Sonic. Cheesecake rolled into balls, covered with crushed graham crackers and deep fried to excellence. To top it off, you dipped them in melted caramel sauce. Soooooo gooooood!

I hadn't had any cravings this pregnancy...until today.

While planning September's menu today, I was looking for some new recipes online. I checked out Abbie's Food Blog, because she's always full of great simple recipes. While scrolling down I stopped at "Minute Chocolate Mug Cake". A recipe that would give you homemade chocolate cake from your microwave in just 3 minutes. Hmmm, warm chocolate cake sounded good...really good.

So tonight after Julianna went to bed, I decided to try it. It took all of 2 minutes to mix, and within 3 minutes of popping it in the microwave I had a hot, fresh, homemade chocolate cake. That smelled SOOOOO good. I could have probably enjoyed it just like that, but don't forget I'm "eating for 2" so I need more calories (don't judge me!). So, I added a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzled it all with some chocolate syrup. Mmmmmm.

HOLY COW IT WAS GOOD!!

I wasn't able to finish the whole thing, partially because it is a kind of heavy cake, but also because it was very rich. I now know what I am going to crave this pregnancy. So to my pregnant and non-pregnant friends you should so try this recipe!! It was super easy and dee-licious!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it! :) It actually made my night to see this post right before bed last night. :p It is a heavy cake but O so good. With Lizzie I craved cake lots of cake and with Matt it was peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!