Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hello Texas!

We arrived safely Thursday afternoon, after a few mix ups which included almost missing our plane(even though we were at the airport 3 hours early!) because the gate changed at the last minute, arriving at a different airport than Joe thought (we came into Bush and he thought we were coming into Hobby) and trying to get a rental car since we were at a different airport.  But everything worked out and we are here!

We met with Dr Z for my consult today and basically he scheduled some testing for me on Monday and I will see him again on Tuesday to hopefully get a plan of action.  He did say some things that sounded promising (about my health and type of cancer), but I'm not going to share until I know more and understand them for sure.

So Joe & I have the weekend to have fun.  We're not sure what we're going to do, maybe some museums or something (since I can't do a ton of walking yet).  I keep telling him this is our honeymoon.  Haha!  When we got married, we didn't go on a honeymoon, instead we took our money and bought our first house.  At the time, it was an excellent decision and we were so glad we did it.  We promised for our 5th anniversary we'd take the honeymoon we missed.  Well, this year was 5 years and life had other plans that didn't include an exotic getaway.  Even though this trip doesn't include a beach, or room service, or romantic settings, but rather hospitals, testing and lots of paperwork, it is our first trip without the kiddos.  Every chance we get we comment about how much we're enjoying our honeymoon...heehee!

And speaking of the kiddos, thank goodness for Skype!  Julianna has skyped with us several times each day.  Today she AMAZED me and went through all her alphabet flashcards out of order and got them correct!  She's such a smartie and I'm so glad I'm not missing out on anything while we're here!  We also got to say bedtime prayers with her tonight which was wonderful!  Will also loves to chat with us, mostly just blowing kisses :o)

I hope I'll have more info for everyone soon (and really good info at that!).  Please keep saying prayers, I really believe I am meant to be here right now and that my miracle is just around the corner!

1 comment:

  1. You are in my prayers, Lindsay! I believe with all my heart that if you believe with all your heart that your prayers will be answered - they will! We are not promised when or how, but our God is a loving God, and He has a plan for each one of us. I believe you are needed in this world to share your wonderful - positive attitude with someone who needs your example and your strength. You were blessed with this both - there is a reason. Enjoy you "honeymoon" and keep good news coming! God bless you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!