Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Week...A Month

This is the hardest thing I've done.  Not the dozens of doctor's appointments, or all the scans, IV's & bloodwork, not even the chemo.  Being away from my family is the hardest thing.  It's been a week since I've kissed my husband and a month since I've hugged my kids.  Will was 17 months old when I left and now he's 18 months old.  I've missed Julianna's entire first month of preschool. 

I think I would seriously go crazy if it wasn't for Skype.  I can't wait to see them on the computer every day and hear Will's "mama! mama!" and see what kind of a mood Julianna is in (some days she'll talk my ear off and other days she could care less if she talks to me & I have to pry a conversation out of her).


It gets even harder when I hear that they are sick :o( Both kiddos are on antibiotics, Will because he's on the verge of an ear infection and Julianna because her cold has started making its way into her lungs (surprise surprise...gotta love those preemie lungs).  She's also had a temp the last few days.  This is the picture Joe sent me yesterday...he said she spent almost all day on the couch.


Will however does not let something like a silly cold and ear infection stop him.  He was up and playing all day and watching Toy Story in "Julianna's chair" (one of his favorite seats).  Joe also said he would periodically bring Julianna toys to play with.  Such a sweetheart!


This is also hard on my mom.  She has made the sacrifice of moving to Texas with me.  She hasn't seen my dad in a week and that's the longest amount of time they have been apart in 34 years of marriage.  We're looking at at least 7 more weeks here with the possibility of up to 7 months (if that's the case I may need some volunteers to come live with me to give her a break!)

As far as medical things go, I see Dr S tomorrow and should finally get some definite answers about my eyes and the treatment for them.  I also have my second round of chemo on Friday afternoon.  Its amazing how much less I dread chemo when it isn't as harsh as it was last winter.  I have also ditched the crutches for good!  Woohoo!  And I'm not even walking with a limp!  Now I am working on building up my stamina again.  My current goal is to be able to walk to the grocery store down the street (0.3miles...I know its not far, but I'm a weakling still and I'm afraid I could get there, do the shopping and then not be able to make it back...haha!).

As always, thank you everyone for your prayers, good thoughts & vibes.  Every one of them is greatly appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Will looks so cute! in that chair with a book and watching tv. Such a multitasker ;) I certainly hope you don't have to be there any longer than 7 wks. I'll be praying you home asap! Can you share your new address somehow? email it or private msg on FB?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay, your positive attitude in the face of so much struggle is amazing and inspiring. I am so proud to know you.

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!