Thursday, November 3, 2011

Quick Trip

We're baaaack.  Look out Texas, I have returned!  This time I feel better coming down here.  I am coming down here with a game plan (mostly) and that feels so much better than when I came back in September not really knowing what would happen.  Its also a lot easier coming down here this trip because it is a very short trip, just a few days. 

I am supposed to be packing a ton of appointments into my short trip, but as of this very minute, tomorrow's (I guess actually "today's" since its 2am) schedule is still blank.  It should be filled with all the scans this new trial needs me to have before chemo begins.  So, it looks like I will be making lots of phone calls in order to get them all done so I can start the trial on Friday.

Friday's schedule had a new appointment added to to it today, I am going back to neurology to have my right leg checked out (my left leg was the one affected by my surgery in July).  While I was home, the back of my right leg (from my rear end all the way down to my 2 smallest toes) went numb.  The numbness is weird feeling, but doesn't really bother me.  What did bother me was the excruciating pain I was having down that leg as well.  I really feel it is some sort of pinched nerve because sometimes I can just shift positions and the symptoms vanish almost instantly.

Saturday, Erin and I get to just hang out with nothing to do.  Unfortunately, the weather is supposed to be cold the next few days or we'd probably hang out by the pool.  Then, on Sunday, we'll return home, me for just a few days.  Due to me being a not so smartypants, I didn't buy the travel protection for our plane tickets when I originally booked them last Thursday.  I didn't feel we needed it because I knew I was only going to be here for 2 days and then wouldn't be back again for a month.  Then the trial I am in changed and so did the plans.

Technically, I could stay here in Texas and not return home since I will have more appointments each week for the next month or so, but since I didn't get the travel protection, it was going to cost me as much to change our flight plans as it would to just get another ticket for me for next week (I'll only need a one-way ticket next week).  As promised to Julianna before my trial changed last Friday, I am coming back after just a short trip, I'll be there a few days and then be Texas bound mid-week.

Speaking of Julianna...the past week at home with my kiddos was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!  I'm not sure I can even convey how awesome it felt to feel good and be playing with my kids in our own home, and doing things like taking Julianna to school, and going grocery shopping, and loading and unloading the dishwasher (yes, even that had a wonderful sense of normal that made me smile), and putting the kids to bed at night and saying bedtime prayers, and marveling in all the new things that Will can do by himself (some good, some not so much, lol)...it was all so fabulous.  It has been so long since I felt good while in my own home (my symptoms all returned July 4th weekend) and I stinkin' loved it.  I cannot wait to get home and stay home.

Now that this post has become just a rambling of sorts, I'll put an end to it.  Hopefully, all the appointments I am cramming in will bring some great news...I love sharing good news, and I feel from this point on, there will be lots of good news.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love Comments!