Monday, December 28, 2009

Birthday Presents & A Big Shopping List

I spent some of my afternoon today working on a timeline for our family. Now that Christmas has passed, we have exactly 3 weeks to accomplish our next few goals. Why 3 weeks? Well the first goal is to finish Julianna's birthday presents, a wooden kitchen made by daddy and Grandpa K & something for it made by me (I can't decide between more felt food or a cute apron & chef's hat), and her birthday is 3 weeks from tomorrow, January 19th.

The second goal is to be completely ready for Baby K by January 20. On January 20th, in case you've been living in a hole and not reading my blog, is when I hit 27 weeks and 6 days, aka the dreaded day. That is when Julianna was born. I am determined to be ready before that day.

So, my afternoon was spent searching the internet for ideas for Julianna's present and finishing up my list of things we still need to buy for Baby K. What might we still need to buy for a baby? A whole crapload of stuff. We have all the big stuff, but going from a little girl to a little boy, there are things we cannot (translation: Joe won't let us) use again.

So, here's what we still need to buy:

crib mattress (we have one, but it doesn't quite fit the crib right)
1 more crib sheet
water proof pad (we still use Julianna's on her bed)
1 more changing pad cover (our pink one was donated to Emma)
newborn & 0-3mos onesies
hats
newborn diapers
size 1 diapers
sensitive wipes
bath sponge (we use this in the big tub instead of a baby bathtub)
baby shampoo/soap
baby powder
nice bibs
newborn pacifiers & a Wubbanub (google it, it's a LIFESAVER!)
nipples for bottles
A few more bottles
1 can of formula (just in case)
bottle brush
gas drops
Dreft (got to wash all those baby clothes)

I don't go back to the OB until January 19, which I am NOT happy about, so I am hoping all these preparations (birthday & baby) will keep me occupied so I don't freak out too much.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe Julianna is almost two! I hope you make it way past her birthday this time!

    Abi gave us all the baby clothes Ethan had outgrown - washing them was such a chore! I didn't use dreft this time though, oops.

    -Mallory

    ReplyDelete

I Love Comments!